WHO CAN APPLY?
The scholarship is open to emerging and mid-career artists living in Australia. Priority will be given to those artists living in rural, remote and regional areas of Australia.
An emerging artist is defined as someone who is in the early years of their practice and has either never had a solo mosaic exhibition, or had their first solo mosaic exhibition less than five years ago. A mid-career artist is defined as an artist who has created an independent body of work over a number of years and has had several solo exhibitions.
Applicants must be 18 years or older, and Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents.
WHAT CAN I APPLY FOR?
Professional skills development activities may include but are not limited to:
- workshops, classes
- one-to-one tuition
- forums, conferences
- mentorships (planned program with a professional artist)
Learning experiences funded will be those provided by established, credible organisations and/or instructors.
Funding is not limited to mosaic-specific programs and may be granted to applicants wanting to improve their drawing and painting skills, or techniques of other visual arts disciplines to incorporate into their mosaic practice, for example, ceramics, sculpture.
HOW MUCH CAN I APPLY FOR?
A maximum of $2,000 will be awarded to one artist each year.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Award applications can be found and are submitted on the online system. You will need to register your details before filling in the application form. You will need to fill out information about yourself on-line, the professional development activity that you are applying for funds for and how this will help you achieve your goals as an artist.
You will also be asked to attach the following documents:
- Your CV (maximum of 2 pages)
- Documentation providing evidence of the credibility of the course tutor, proposed mentor or organisation providing the professional development opportunity
- Five images of your artwork completed in the last three years that demonstrate your practice and indicate the direction you would like your practice to take.
- A one page document with details (title, year completed, dimensions, materials used) of each artwork and a short paragraph that explains why you have chosen these images.
WHEN DO APPLICATIONS CLOSE?
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 31 October 2018.
HOW WILL APPLICATIONS BE ASSESSED?
Applications will be assessed by a peer panel against the following criteria:
- demonstrated commitment and interest in contemporary mosaic art;
- clear articulation of the benefit of the proposed learning experience to the applicant's growth as a mosaic artist;
- viability of the proposal.
WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF MY APPLICATION?
Applicants will be notified about the outcome of their application in late November 2018.
WHO DO I CONTACT TO DISCUSS MY APPLICATION?